Investing / Trading Portfolio
The RulingTheMarkets investing portfolio goal will be to significantly outperform the Standard and Poor’s index over time and will focus on a limited number of positions. Stock investments (long and short) will be the primary focus for our model portfolio.
The model portfolio will invest along with the published trade recommendations – averaging into and out-of investments over time as the general market internals and our proprietary analysis dictate. These selections will be “core holdings” over the medium (months) to long-term (years).
- Maximum 5 – 7 equity positions.
- Starting cash of $150,000, so initially around $30,000 per full position.
- I allow more than $30,000 per position when averaging into profitable investments.
- Maximum loss per investment is 20% and I do my best to keep losses under 10%.
- Average into and out-of investments utilizing “tranches” as follows – approximately
- 25% allocation = $7,500
- 33% allocation = $10,000
- 50% allocation = $15,000
- 100% allocation = $30,000